In the vein of counting things for no good reason, I came up with some figures for my recent medical drama, starting with surgery on 3/9:
- 1 surgery
- 4 specialists' opinions about my craptastic recovery
- 10 doctors' appointments
- 1 ER visit
- 1 urgent care visit
- 5 PT sessions
- 3 acupuncture sessions
- 3 abdominal massages
- >10 phone calls with doctors
I am intentionally not tabulating the number of therapist or psychiatrist appointments because I'm afraid to count them up. I don't feel like I'm going all the time, but there are a lot of appointments when I look back at my calendar.
I've had a few diagnostic procedures:
- 1 CT scan
- 4 ultrasounds
- 5 urinalyses
- 10 pain-related medications
- dozens of trips to the pharmacy
- 71 sick hours used at work; total >10 days
- >$7000 spent for medical care so far this year
Mr. Detour is out of town for 9 days visiting his parents and I panicked before he left, worried that I would spend every night feeling lonely in a quiet house with no one but the dog to talk to. So I did the reasonable thing and made plans with every friend in a 30-mile radius, leaving me zero time alone to do critical things like recharge and do laundry. And sleep.
But it's been pretty fun. This week, my social calendar includes:
- watching a kid's triathlon that my niece and nephew raced in
- eating two brunches with friends (breakfast food is THE BEST, am I right?)
- visiting a friend's house who recently adopted a baby
- watching a movie (Magic Mike, which was pretty dumb but had good eye candy)
- receiving a massage (social because a good friend is my massage therapist)
My blog is having an identity crisis. I'm going to update my header but haven't figured out how I want it yet. Hence the uber boring one I currently have. Blogger doesn't provide a lot of creative options.
I also changed my blog name from "Detour" to "Detour to Motherhood." Not a huge change because "to motherhood" was already in the url.
Hope you guys have a good week!