birds

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Perma Potato: Taking Couch Potato-ness to the Next Level

Hi guys.  I'm kinda miserable here.  I'm still not able to go to work today because of post-op pain, which is my fifth day off if you count the surgery day last Fri.  I'm not really able to sit up at my desktop computer and my laptop is at work, so I'm kinda hunched down in my desk chair with my feet on the desk as I type this.  I've been stuck on the couch, rereading Hunger Games (8 days until I see the movie!) and watching the entire series of My So-Called Life.  I'm on a YA kick these days, apparently. 

The pain has been bad.  I've been to my fertility clinic three times since my surgery Fri, and they're doing their best with me.  The most popular explanation for my horrible recovery is that the balloon really aggravated my uterus, causing inflammation in there.  Even though the balloon was removed on Monday, the ute still hasn't forgiven me.  I'm buying the balloon theory since a similar surgery in December, minus the balloon, gave me very little pain and a speedy recovery.  They're threatening to do a CT scan if I don't improve soon, and I'm willing the ute to heal before we have to do that.   

I'm gearing myself up for my daily call to the doctor wherein I tell them that yep, still in horrible pain.  Still taking narcotics but not constipated.  No fever.  Etc.  They'll try to reassure me by telling me things looked great yesterday, felt ok on the internal exam, and it will probably just take another day or so.  But I'll hear the concern in their voices.  And with the weekend is coming, I wonder if we need to take some further action by tomorrow.

Being a couch potato isn't my natural state and I need some entertainment suggestions.  What are your favorite shows?  Bonus points if they're available instantly on Netflix.  I am open to anything, barring scary.  A Halloween episode of My So-Called Life that was pretty much the limit of what I could handle.  Other shows in my Netflix queue are Downton Abbey, Chuck, Arrested Development, Portlandia, Nurse Jackie, and United States of Tara.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for this news. I was hoping that removing the balloon would cure you from the pain. Not fair. Hopefully you start to feel better soon.

    I'm a Malcom in the Middle addict, which is only available through streaming. But I also love Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'd been curious about Malcolm in the Middle! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you are in pain!

    I think you should catch up on Mad Men if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call. I'm caught up but might watch it again from the beginning--love MM enough for repeat viewings.

      Delete
  3. Weeds! Spaced! Gossip Girl (if you can handle it). Damages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cornfed! I haven't seen any of those--will check them out!

      Delete
  4. Dear Detour's uterus, Stop being such a pain!

    I vote 30 Rock

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is shocking and unfair that you are in so much pain. C'mon doctors, fix this girl up already!!

    I love me some netflix -- 30 Rock and Parks & Rec are my favorites, but after 2 rounds through I've been trying to branch out. My Boys is not terrific but kind of cute, but without a Chicago connection might be harder to get into. A friend recommended White Collar - show is just so-so but the lead is a hottie. For some laughs I've been watching John Olivers New York Stand Up Show. Aaand most recently we've started in on Mad Men but not going so well (see my most recent post!).

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting about Parks & Rec but I love that show. Will definitely get caught up on it. Matt Bomer of White Collar is disturbingly good-looking. Thanks for the ideas!

      Delete
  6. Woohoo, My So-Called Life! If you like british tv, Top Gear is hilarious and available on Netflix. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete